The Cornerstone Volunteer Leadership Program was created to enhance the volunteer experience, increase safety, improve construction schedules and increase the quality of each home. The program has evolved into an integral component of our construction team. Cornerstone members manage 100% of the volunteers on site, with staff acting in a support role.
Cornerstone members are a group of men and women from varied backgrounds with widely divergent skills who give their time, their talents, and their resources to support and continue the mission of Trinity Habitat.
- Attend a training class that focuses on safety.
- Demonstrate you know how to work with homeowners and volunteers.
- Demonstrate adequate construction knowledge to our Construction Team.
- Complete 100 hours on Trinity Habitat build sites.
- Attend four monthly Cornerstone Trainings OR complete the five-week Cornerstone College.
Most volunteer opportunities are on Fridays and Saturdays. We also have volunteer opportunities available during the week, primarily on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Build a Home (BAH) — new home construction
- Preserve a Home (PAH) — exterior-only rehabs
- Flex Days
- Shop work and special projects
Cornerstone Training Sessions
Join Cornerstone by completing Cornerstone College and 100 hours on a Trinity Habitat build site — two simple steps to become Cornerstone certified to lead and supervise a house build site. All monthly meetings begin promptly at 6:00 p.m., with a complimentary dinner at 5:30 p.m. Training sessions will be held in the Great Room at Trinity Habitat’s Main Campus located at:
9333 N. Normandale St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76116
UPCOMING CORNERSTONE TRAININGS
|UPCOMING CORNERSTONE TRAINING SESSIONS|
|June 16||August 18||October 20|
|July 21||September 15||November 17|
Those interested in participating in Cornerstone College should contact
Further Information & Training Registration
For information regarding our Cornerstone program or to register for a Cornerstone Training Session, please email Lari Waites.